Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Unglamorous Side of Publishing

It is not until you are faced with a difficult submission that you truly and really treasure those writers that give you writeups that you can just give one look and approve.

I've been editing the submissions for Targum magazine and while I was able to do two in one day, I've been stuck for three days now in one adventure (and part 1, no less). The whole thing is not bad, but the whole thing is half in outline style, half in adventure style, and full of repetitive (or redundant) information or grammar errors like sentence fragments, typoes, etc. If it wasn't because I really need it for the magazine, I probably would have returned it. As it is, I'm almost done shaping it into something coherent though I am already dreading doing part 2 for next issue.

Back to it, then.

No comments: