Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Interview - The Aftermath

The interview went really well, at least from my perspective. I met with the firm's other partner (the one's whose name is not the company's) and had a nice chat. We spoke for about half an hour about the position of office manager and what that entails in this company. It's pretty much the usual office stuff, plus the opportunity to help out with the company's main job, that of appraising photographs (for insurance purposes, donation/deductions, etc.). The salary is not what you'd call incredible, but it is certainly better than what I'm making at the moment, so that's good enough for me right now. After a 6-month probational period they have the option to make it into a salaried full-time position with some minor benefits and a small raise. The position has a salary cap, but it does have the opportunity to earn more on the side via the appraisals. We'll see what happens.

On a side note, this was my first interview since becoming a Jew (meaning showing up wearing a kippa and with my full beard, though I left my tzitzit tucked in). For what it's worth, as I imagined, it didn't seem to make any difference.

No comments: