Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sad Day

Earlier today I got a call from my Mom, who's visiting my sister in Orlando. Her brother Jorge died this morning in Ponce, Puerto Rico, at the age of 63. He had been quite sick for a long time with a variety of ailments which, we believe, he simply did not wish to be treated for. Apparently he died in his sleep after a nice bath at the hospital. I wasn't incredibly close to my uncle, but nevertheless I am saddened by his parting. The one consolation is that, wherever he is now, he is at least not burdened by his ailing body anymore. May his soul speedily find its way to G-d.

There's been a lot of death around me lately, including two in the family in the last month alone, one the very same day my new nephew was born.

It's that time of the year. Rosh Hashanah is close.

No comments: