Monday, October 31, 2005

NaNoWriMo 2005



I have decided to participate in this year's NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).

My wife participated last year and ended up with a complete novel which we hope to eventually self-publish via Highmoon Media Productions. I can't say that I have a very solid idea of what I'll be writing, but I do have a germ of a story born from a daily writing excercise a couple months ago. As a bonus, the story idea ties into a product HMP will be releasing in the near future.

50,000 words in 30 days. Let's see what happens.

2 comments:

Bret said...

Best of luck! However, this sounds like you're going to have woefully little time for anything else. ;)

Daniel M. Perez said...

I realize I am incredibly crazy to undergo NaNoWriMo, but what the heck. It does mean that things in my house will be in chaos for the next month. I remember last year when my wife was doing it, I basically ran the whole house for all of November since she needed the time to write. This year with both of us doing NaNo, I shudder at the thought. We'll see what happens.